Today I’ve released a new update for Broomstick (the ultimate menubar icon hiding app), version 0.9. This version has the following lovely new features and changes:
- Adds the ability to hide Avira, Chronicle Mini, Click.to, Droplr, FullControlHelper, GrowlTunes, Hiss, Kuvva, MuteCon, NoSleep, PleaseSleep, PuntoSwitcher, Quiet Read, RemotelessHelper, Wallpaper Clocks.
- Improves the interface for controlling the order of menubar icons.
- Ordering of menubar icons is not 2 to 5 times faster than previous versions.
- Improves quality of dialog texts.
- If you hold down the Option key on launch, Broomstick will now skip the “What would you like to do?” screen and immediately order your menubar icons.
- Broomstick will now reset its preferences if you launch it while holding down the command key.
- Automatic checks for updates will now happen a maximum of once per 24 hours.
To download this new version, just launch Broomstick on your Mac, and you’ll be prompted to update. If you don’t have Broomstick yet, you can get it over here.